Friday, December 13, 2013

Pre-Scrap Silver and Gold Mini Album

I want you all to close your eyes. Now imagine the stack, or drawer, or box of photos that need to be scrapped, but you haven't had time to get to them yet.

Have you ever thought to pre-scrap? Creating your layouts and mini albums without your photos helps save you tons of time.  Pre-scrapping allows you to simply slide photos into place!

Christmas Mini Album by Ilene Tell


I really love Bo Bunny's mini albums. They come pre-printed, so it totally saves time. Usually, covering naked chipboard albums is the most time-consuming, tedious part, so I was happy to have that work done for me already.

This mini is so gorgeous, with beautiful designs from the collection, as well as an elegant bracket shape, and pretty cut-outs on the cover and some of the pages. I decided to get ahead this year by creating a mini album for the Christmas season with the pages all ready to go for photos. Seven 4x6 photos will fit inside, so I can pick the very best ones. I hope you guys are ready for photo-overload today!


Here is a detail of the beautiful flourishes and chipboard shapes.


Page 1 (inside front cover): I inked all the edges throughout the album, and added dots to some of the pages. For the flower centers, I used round chipboard shapes and brads from the collection.


Page 2: I added photo mats to the pages, cut to fit 4x6 photos. For the first page, I made sure I aligned it so that the photo will be seen through the cover window. Again, I added some candy cane circles from the 12x12 chipboard sheet to the flower centers, and added glitter to them.


Page 3: For all the photo mats where the embellishments overlap the mat, I was careful to make sure I didn't glue down the parts that touched the mat, so that when the photos are added, they can slide in easily.


Page 4:


Page 5: I just couldn't resist cutting this awesome Santa from the paper and adding him to one of the pages instead of using it for a photo - he's well worth the space.


Page 6:


Page 7:


Page 8:


Page 9: The Noteworthy pack had a few great journaling spots, and I wanted to make sure I used at least one of the pages for adding some memories. This page was perfect for it, since I didn't want to cover up the cute image of the kids skating.


Page 10:


Detail from page 10: I really love the bling flourishes on this page. I also added a chipboard star to the top of the tree and added glitter to it.



And finally, the back cover. I added a layered chipboard embellishment to the back.


I hope you guys enjoyed the mini album. I can't wait to fill it with photos and memories!

Bo Bunny Supplies:
Mini Album: Silver & Gold
Paper: Silver and Gold, Dots, The List, Ornaments, Red, Trees, Winter, What A Guy, Yuletide/ Silver & Gold
Layered Chipboard: Silver & Gold
Dimensional Stickers: Silver &Gold
Noteworthy: Silver &Gold
Jewels: Silver & Gold, Zip-A-Dee Doodle
Brads: Silver & Gold
Combo Sticker: Silver & Gold
12x12 Chipboard: Silver &Gold
Blossoms: Colver Bouquet, Wildberry Pansy
Jewel Flourishes: Frosting, Glaze

6 comments:

  1. Ilene your album is simply amazing! I love how you have it ready for your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This paper collection is just so perfect for this! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! This one was so fun to put together :)

    ReplyDelete